Kingman High School
Might Just Be From
a Small Town if . . .
Courtesy of H. Duane Locke, '65
- You can name everyone you graduated with.
- You know what FFA is.
- You ever went to parties at a pasture, barn, or
in the middle of a dirt road. (Roman Orgy!!)
- You swore at someone and your parents knew within
- You ever went cow-tipping or snipe hunting.
- School gets canceled for city, county, or state
- You were ever in the Homecoming parade.
- You have ever gone home for Homecoming.
- Everyone thought it was really cool to date someone
from the neighboring town.
- You had senior skip day.
- The whole school went to the same party after graduation.
- You don't give directions by street names, but,
instead, like this: Turn right by Nelson's house, go
two blocks east past Anderson's, and it's four houses
left of the track field.
- The country club golf course had only 9 holes. (Or
there wasn't even one.)
- You can't help but date a friend's ex-boyfriend/girlfriend.
- You refer to anyone with a house newer than 1980
as the "rich people".
- The people in the city dress funny, then your town
picks up on the trend a few years later.
- You bragged to your friends because you got pipes
on your truck for your birthday.
- Anyone you want can be found at either the Dairy
Queen or the feed store.
- You see at least one friend a week driving a tractor
- The football coach suggested that you haul hay for
the summer to get stronger.
- Directions are given using "the" stoplight
as a reference.
- The city council meets at the coffee shop.
- Your "letter jacket" was worn after your
- You decide to walk somewhere for exercise and 5
people pull over and ask if you need a ride.
- Your teachers call you by your older siblings' names.
- Marla -- oh, Hell, just call them all 'Marsha!')
- Your teachers remember when they taught your parents.
- The closest Taco Bell or Burger King is at least
30 miles away.
- So is the closest shopping mall.
- It is normal to see an old man riding through town
on a riding lawnmower.
- You have a good laugh reading this because you know
they're all true.
- Then you forward it to everyone who lives in your
town (because you knowthem all)!!
BACK to KHS HomePage